View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #48
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

The point is that taking the stance of "Cuban not showing up didn't matter at all" is wrong.

If think a lot of you may may be trying to say "Cuban not showing up SHOULD NOT have mattered at all", and I would agree with that. The owner showing up to a meeting really shouldn't have an affect on the player's decision.

But in this case, it did have an affect on the ego of Williams, as mentioned by myself and others.

Am I 100% right? Of course not, no way to tell for sure. But if williams is saying it, there is at least a sliver of truth to it.

As for whether Cuban should attend all free agent meetings - I'm sure he's missed others in the past. And not all free agents are worth it. And maybe he didn't really even want Williams. And all that is fine. My point is trying to claim that it didn't matter at all is giving the egos of these superstar divas too much credit. And Cuban should have recognized that.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-08-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote