View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #688
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Collison will be fine for the Mavs if he would look to Dirk a little more and deliver the pass. The hard thing for shoot first point guards is they don't trust that they will get the ball back. Collison needs to realize that Dirk will will give him more open looks than he has ever had in his life. Jason Terry is proof of that.

In the preseason game, Collison had 9 assists while only attempting 9 shots (hitting 6)... Everyone keeps calling him "pass-first", but in a one-game sample he's proven to be rather balanced in this system (and I hope that's how Rick plans on using him this season). He'll figure out when and where to get Dirk the ball eventually, since every practice in the next year will be focused on doing exactly that. Gotta give the kid some time - he's never played with someone like Dirk.

As for the open looks:

Quote:
“I know one thing,” Collison said after the Mavericks beat Alba Berlin on Saturday, 89-84, “coming off that screen from Dirk, I haven’t ever been that open in my entire life.”

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/...ire-life.html/

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote