Thread: Dirk's knee
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think Collison brings us a ton more of what we didn't have last year and almost none of what we did winning a championship. His defense is decent but not stellar and his ability to run the floor can't even be compared to Kidd's. He comes in and brings everything Kidd lacked (speed, athleticism, youth, ability to score at the rim), but none of the strengths. If we could put Kidd's sober mind and size into Collison's body without losing Collison's lack of fear about scoring, this team would be an insta-repeat.

As it is, we have a guy that may or may not be better than Devin Harris. He's young. He can drive. He can score. Can he run a team? That is a big question mark in my book. Still, I have higher hopes for him than Roddy and I'm not silly enough to think that we can instantly depend on Cunningham as the next Gary Payton. It's going to be bumpy, but Collison either learns how to play well enough throughout the season or we make a trade and we have a ton of tradable assets.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote