View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I agree with both of what you said. He is a good rebounder and he can hit the 3. The problem though is he sucks at everything else and he plays the same position as Dirk. So the pairing of him and Dirk would be terrible.
You're talking about an end of the bench insurance signing, though, not a guy who's going to be looked to as a first or second teamer playing significant minutes with Dirk. Beyond that, I'm not sure I see non-center Murphy as a significantly worse fit next to Dirk than Curry for example, who might be a center but who can't block shots or defend the pick and roll, and who's always been a weak rebounder. And the fact that Murphy can play PF might be part of the reason they're interested. It's not like they're sitting on a surplus of bodies at that position.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 11-01-2012 at 08:10 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote