View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Alienate your fan base? It's not european soccer, fans will go to the games, regardless. I don't think it matters to Cuban if they are the same fans that went last year. Also, isn't it what he's already doing right now, put on the court a rental team? And fans are going to the games.

The other thing, i'm a huge Dirk fan, and i think the guy was severely underrated during his prime, and overall on the all-time lists. That said, i don't think that window is even remotely open anymore, unless we can put a legit player besides him.

Tell me where we're gonna be if we give 10 million to Collison, 11 to Mayo, and 8-9 to Kaman, on long contracts. Wouldn't that be the smashing of said (and imo at the moment closed) window?
Are you kidding me? Fans will go to games regardless? Apparently you haven't been around here during the bad times. And of course the window is open if you surround Dirk with a little more talent. That's the whole point, isn't it? If not, then it's going to be very, very difficult to bring anyone in via free agency until you strike in the draft first or pull off a major coup in a trade.

If the Mavs aren't competitive and Dirk has retired in a couple of years, the arena will be half full.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote