View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

I don't believe in tanking for picks to improve your team, specially when you have 34 year old superstar and top 10 player in the league. It may have worked for some teams in the past, but i don't like the odds on that. Dirk has even said he is not interested to tanking for picks (or something pretty close to that, I'm not sure of the exact quote).

Offensively the Mavs are gonna be much better with Dirk, he demands so much attention and he still is a very efficient player even in a pretty regular team (as he showed last year once he recovered from the knees).

Rebounding I think is gonna improve also, Dirk rebounds the ball decently and/or makes sure to block his guy out (something we are missing a lot right now). I'm intrigued though about some of the flops Dirks commits when pushed in the back during rebounds, will he get penalized from the league for that?. Despite the publicity, the new rule hasn't been enforced that much so my guess would be no, unless the flop is outrageous.

Defensively it remains to be seen, I think the Mavs have some talent there but the effort the last couple of games has been too low to make any judgements on that. Also the defense has been affected by the crazy turnovers the Mavs are so adept on making recently.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote