View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #123
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Can fully understand DCs frustration about the Fisher-move. I also originally thought that they hit the panic button a bit early. The team was bound to hover around .500 without Dirk anyway and against the soft schedule you could have hoped for 1-2 more wins at best. That said, maybe we would have signed Fisher anyway and the starting gig is just situational.

The whole situation also confirms my overall sentiment that Rick is just a tad too inflexible in adjusting to a player. He wants certain things out of certain players in certain situations: Do that and you'll play, otherwise sit. I always felt like Roddy has been reduced on his lack of aggression towards the basket at times when he played really solid overall. Murphy playing over Wright is another great example that still baffles me. Troy didn't rebound any better, but he can stretch the floor which is a major plus in the system. But overall Troy is not even half the player Wright is, so it's an automatic no-brainer who gets to play (normally).

Collison/Fisher fits the bill as well. Collison is not what we had in recent years: In control, orchestrating, veteran leadership. But I mean that's pretty obvious so I would have thought they altered the job description of a Mavs starting point this year. But here comes Fisher, a poor mans JKidd... (kind of).
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote