View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #125
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Travesty? That's somewhat excessive.

Everyone still seems to be overlooking the fact that Rick is almost certainly thinking beyond the next game in this and considering how the work that Dallas does now will translate once Dirk is back. He's on record as saying that playing Brandan at PF would require them to adjust their offensive approach, and I assume there's no disagreement on that point. It's seems to me pretty obvious that there are going to be costs for the longer term development of this squad that would result from making, and devoting practice time and in-game experience to those kinds of adjustments. That's not to say that the calculus of all this isn't debatable, but even that is largely true because this is a considerably more complicated issue than what most of the critics are making it out to be.
Good post. I didnt know that RC said that but that certainly explains why he isnt getting any PF minutes. As far as C minutes, it means he is, at best, competing with Sarge for the 3rd C behind Brand and Kaman.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote