View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #36
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Cubes sorta sounds like Jerry jones to me. Marketing his product.

So his strategy is to have dirk play with rent-a-players until a miracle occurs and one of the rent-a-players becomes an all-star. But he won't have them cheap because they won't be signed long-term and they won't be draft picks.

I still don't really get it.
What's the alternative? In reality, teams do not tank seasons as that all but guarantees a long and arduous rebuild process, loss of fan base, reduction in profits which in turn means less money to spend on the team and less chance of good players wanting to come play for your team. The idea that tanking a team and getting a first pick ensures future success is also ridiculous. For every Kobe Bryant there's a Greg Oden. IMHO, we've had one of the best drafts in recent memory with Crowder and James both who have big upside potential. Dallas has historically not done well in the draft and I would be hesitant to put my faith into Dallas consistently acquiring talent in the draft. Cuban spent years overpaying for players who didn't deliver, I don't blame him for trying a different approach at this point. Let's not forget that any other lineup in recent history could not have put up a ~.500 record without Dirk. Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that Dirk's recovery speeds up a bit as I really believe a Mayo/Nowitski combination would be lethal offensively.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote