View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #474
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on Django - top notch performances all the way around. Will Smith originally turned down the role of Django - man, i cannot see him in that role AT ALL.

Tarantino's violence has never bothered me, it's all so cartoony. But there are a few realistic scenes that are kind of cringe-inducing (mainly due to the realism and knowing stuff like that actually happened).

Regarding last 20 minutes:

SPOILER
SPOILER

I originally agreed on the last 20 minutes (didn't see the point), but it really does show Django's evolution into a quick-thinking, smooth-talking bounty hunter (Shultz did all the talking in the past). He duped those australian guys with his wits alone (well, then some guns and dynamite).