View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #50
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the play again in slow motion, it's not as open of a shot he took than I thought. Battier isn't right on him but he's closing out in a big way. Dirk never really makes an effort to do anything on the play. He's just sitting between the elbow and the corner. OJ rushes from the corner to the elbow of the line just as Vince starts to line up the shot.

Marion sets the pick for Carter and rolls hard to the heart of the paint (roughly 5 feet from the basket). Bosh shows hard but is basically in no-man's land and can't get back to Marion. That forces Carter out a little bit further away and gives Battier time. No one really cheats in and covers Marion in the paint. I don't think Ray Allen makes the basketball play to cover the steal unless it's an errant pass by Vince. Wade could maybe cheat, but the only way it backfires is if Marion can't catch the pass/Vince throws an errant pass which is way behind Marion. Wade is going to have to get over and foul Marion to get the ball. Either way, it's a pretty direct pass with no real congestion. Marion gets the ball and he's got a direct line for a bunny.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote