View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #33
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was disappointing. And things looked so promising a few minutes into the 3rd quarter. The loss really comes down to missed opportunities on offense for Dallas, in my mind. Dirk's missed free throw near the end of regulation. OJ's inability to convert his open looks. They played such terrific defense on NO's final regulation possession, too. Shame to waste that.

On the bright side, what sliver there is of a bright side right now, Elton really did have a strong game. He's shown well lately in general, and from where I'm sitting it looks like it's about time to get him into the starting lineup. I'm sympathetic to the argument that he should be on the floor in overtime as well, but first things first, and the Mavs need to balance their lineups better before they get to that point so that they can perhaps spare themselves the burden of the second guessing that inevitably follows such decisions.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-06-2013 at 02:19 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote