View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Yeah, I missed that Carter actually had a decent game. With yesterday still shooting only 28.5% in crucial situations. I clearly prefer Brand over him especially since Dirk/Mayo should get all the touches they can handle late in the game.

You can switch Carter/Marion basically depending on whether you need more offense or defense.
I think that there just aren't that many good options. Mayo is too inconsistent and still appears to not really know what he wants to do out there. I mean jet/dirk KNEW what they were going to do every time. Mayo/Dirk do not. Mayo also doesn't really seem to know himself actually.

Collison....a shorter devin harris it appears to me. Cannot shoot and shies away from wide open 3's, that's a killer in a point guard imo.

So it's shawn who they desperately need on the floor defensively or vince who they desperately need on the floor right now offensively. If dirk gets to where he can just take over in the fourth you might get away without carter... BUTTTTT there isn't anyone else besides mayo that makes them pay outside when dirk is doubled. You can't lob it to brand, shawn can't shoot and collison can't shoot.

It's a real mess to me. So you put your best 5 on the court and see if they can get it done. Last night they couldn't get it done because dirk/mayo couldn't carry their load. In the future dirk will for sure, I'm not sure about mayo. I doubt it actually, hes' just too streaky.

The mavs are desperate for defensive guys who can hit wide open shots. Brand may have to be on the floor at the end but if he is and vince is not, points are going to be REALLY hard to come by.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote