View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #52
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Now that Dirk's back, Kaman's role should quickly be reduced to backup C as far as I'm concerned. And he should be playing next to Dirk very, very little.
I also rather like the idea of Chris getting a bigger chunk of his minutes with the more defensively capable backup backcourt duo of Booby and Dahntay, which will happen naturally if he's coming off the bench.

And while we're at it, I'm just glancing at the most current 82games update, and apparently the DC/Mayo/Marion/Dirk/Brand lineup has only played 2 minutes together, and that is, in fact, the only Mayo/Marion/Dirk/Brand foursome to even show up in the list of the 20 heaviest usage lineups featuring Dirk. I know it's early in his comeback, but it seems to me if Dallas is going to make a push they're going to have to continue getting something positive out of Elton, and they're going to need to find ways of getting that unit, and the Dahntay/VC/Dirk/Elton foursome (+9 in 9 minutes with Booby at point), out on the court together more.