View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I think Kaman tried hard the last few games but try does not always mean "good D". Brand on the other hand is better, yesterday he had a great game, on both ends. So that would have been be my choice yesterday. The C's have to concentrate on Defense late in games, the Mavs have other guys that can take care of the offense. There is no problem trying Kaman or Brand in late games and see who sticks. But to take Brand out after THAT kind of game he had, phew...

There is Wright who would be the best option i say, but...
I don't think there's any reason to try Kaman and see if it sticks. He's just not capable of playing quality team defense.

I agree that it was confusing the other night when Brand was pulled for OT. As I've said already, the only explanation I can come up with is that Carlisle was concerned about him being effective given the very high (for him) minutes load.

Hopefully Brand will continue to execute offensively and it will just become a foregone conclusion that he's the main center, and should be on the floor during crunch time.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote