View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #15
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dirk's done several radio interviews where he talked about how tough it was to miss out on Deron and talked about building this team and then trying again for a big fish in 2013. Which is essentially what he said in this article.

Now, he said other things that are new. Specifically, I think it's interesting that he was so blunt about playing out the string this season. And "not building around hope" is much more blunt than he's ever been and provides some clout to the story.

Again, I'm not saying this is all old news or not interesting. I'm just not sure it's a huge story.
Agreed. It provides a fairly clear indication of how Dirk would feel about things if the Mavs go into next summer having not made a trade, and then fail to significantly upgrade the roster in the offseason. I'm not sure I've seen such a blunt statement from him in that regard. But then, it's not really surprising that he'd feel that way, either. The Mavs hit some rough luck when CP3 and Dwight both opted in to the last year of their respective deals, and between that, missing out on Deron, and this season's struggles, how could he feel any differently. But nothing that he said indicates that he wants to leave, and even the interpretation of his statements as indicating a disconnect with the front office is at best dependent upon unsubstantiated and assumptions about front office plans.