View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Agreed. It provides a fairly clear indication of how Dirk would feel about things if the Mavs go into next summer having not made a trade, and then fail to significantly upgrade the roster in the offseason. I'm not sure I've seen such a blunt statement from him in that regard. But then, it's not really surprising that he'd feel that way, either. The Mavs hit some rough luck when CP3 and Dwight both opted in to the last year of their respective deals, and between that, missing out on Deron, and this season's struggles, how could he feel any differently. But nothing that he said indicates that he wants to leave, and even the interpretation of his statements as indicating a disconnect with the front office is at best dependent upon unsubstantiated and assumptions about front office plans.
And even with his direct comments about how unhappy he could be in 2013-2014, he then defused a lot of the sting by stating his explicit desire to finish his career here.

So what's the big story, exactly? Dirk would be frustrated if the roster isn't better next season, but he'll still be here? Newsflash?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote