View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #30
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm just not sure how you can read this...

..and think that Dirk is qualifying his desire to be here. He's not. He's just simply saying that he's still a competitor, and he wants the Mavs to try their best to win. He's not saying his desire to be here is contingent on them being competitive.
Yes, I am reading between the lines. If they aren't competitive because the FO whiffs the 2013 offseason Dirk won't be happy. It is not hard to see that an unhappy Dirk would want out, ie a trade...or he just finishes next year and then retires. After all, he is unhappy now and has moved from trusting the FO to questioning and doubting them. So, the logical leap of wanting out is not too hard to envision.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote