View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Really? They are both "tweeners"(Carroll is a bit taller?- Crowder bigger built).
Neither have great handles or lift and so struggle to finish at the rim. Neither is a pure shooter with Crowder having much better potential in that regard. Both are scrappy hustlers on defense but struggle to match-up. Can u think of a better comparison? (not being sarcastic, just curious).
K, Carroll's not the worst analogy, but those attributes are actually fairly common amongst small forwards that don't stick in the league very long. Carroll's taller and lighter, much more offensively aggressive/scrappy, closer to the rim, and better in transition, and slight more athletic. I also haven't seen much or any indication that Crowder is a scrappy hustler on defense, or that he struggles to match up in man defense. I think of Carroll as a 2-3, and Carroll as an undersized 3-4.

I can't think of a good analog for Crowder (a shorter, much less talented Marion? Artest without the skill or strength?), but the Carroll thing seems lazy because they both have dreads and neither are particularly (by NBA standards) athletic or talented.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote