View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Gotta be interesting for sure. MacMahon keeps reiterating that FO is high on Cousins, but Kings are not ready to deal him (yet?), especially not since the ownership situation is in flux.

As I've said in the other thread, from what you hear from the Suns camp Gortat might not even be an upgrade over Kaman at this point (definitely not defensively) and Beasley is a lot to swallow for a 'maybe.'

I'd love to have Ridnour and the Wolves are packed at the backcourt, but right now they want more of a big with Love sidelined for a good chunk of the season.

And as I've repeatedly said, every deal with Toronto will include Bargnani. And they most definitely won't give up Ed Davis for Roddy and Wright.

I'll let Cuban surprise me. The guys that seems expendable (Roddy, DoJo, Wright) are not very movable and you probably want to keep the guys that could draw attention (Marion, Carter, Kaman?). I'm very intrigued to know what they think about Sarge, bc every time he steps on the court he looks like he could be a legitimate backup player. So every once in a while you wonder whether Kaman might even be on the expendable list.
I'm pretty skeptical Cousins will get traded with the ownership situation in flux. Though if Dallas values him enough they could make the Kings a tempting salary-based offer, I'm sure.

I have to say I'm of a different mind than you Re: Gortat vs. Kaman. I'd take the Polish Hammer over Captain Kaveman next to Dirk any day with zero hesitation. That said, I see almost no way that he ends up in Dallas. Beasley would be a deal killer from Dallas perspective (I like Marcin better than Chris but I don't like him that much), and I just don't see what Dallas has to offer other than a salary dump (that they'd want to give up) that would tempt Phoenix into trading away their reasonably paid quality starting center.

I also continue to be skeptical about Bargs being the price of admission on Calderon. Mainly because it's just not reasonable (Calderon's not going to be that tempting to anybody). But also because I suspect when it comes down to it that Toronto, with the challenges they face attracting FAs, might settle for a desirable young soon-to-be RFA and some palatable contractual filler as an alternative to the risk of an uncompensated Calderon defection this summer.