View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I do think there's something to be said for the veteran players being comfortable with other veterans. It's a factor that is probably all too frequently underrated by fans.
Never quite understood Stevenson over Roddy back in 2011 which I admit was a brilliant move and surely has a lot to do with it.

But also gotta say that I think for some part this is system-based. You can communicate and express trust in young guys or you can bring in washed-up veterans every time it gets tough. Right now I think it's a fixed mechanism for this team, part of their identity and how they operate. And at least I have a hard time sometimes to accept it, bc the older Dirk gets the more I think this is not the strategy to choose.

But we won a championship this way, so really hard to challenge.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote