View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #31
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Let's assume Roddy sucks (I don't think that's quite true, though he's certainly disappointing). That's not the question. And the question isn't even: Does he suck more than Mike James?

The real question is: Does Roddy suck so much more than Mike James--i.e., is the gap so big--that James should play over Roddy in a season where the Mavs are probably not going to make the playoffs and are trying to figure out the future of the franchise, even though Roddy is young and has at least some upside, whereas James is near retirement age and will likely only decline from here?

That's the question we should be asking.
I don't think anybody on the Mavs agrees with "probably not going to make the playoffs and are trying to figure out the future of the franchise" (yet)

I said it earlier: I think there's a chance the Mavs will miss the point where they just have to surrender the season and act like a lottery team, which includes playing all the young guns no matter what.

That said: The difference between Roddy and Mike James is not the difference of making or missing the playoffs, at least not on paper.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote