View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
The Dirk we all know might be gone. I mean we are halfway through the season already. He has no life in his legs. I really do think that finals run followed by playing for team Germany screwed up his body. I'm hoping like hell that he will come back around.
He hasn't played for half the season. The knee surgery and then the resulting lack of conditioning have made him struggle. He's admitted he came back too soon. Those factors combined with his being 34 are going to affect his play.
He may not return to what he was and just simply be a solid contributor on court, but not the dominating force he was a couple of years ago. It happens. Duncan, Garnett, and Kobe (sorry, he just has too many chuckfests) have all declined. Kobe's having a very good year this year, but it isn't translating into wins, either. It happens with age and years and is inevitable.
That's why Cuban needs to pursue the idea of getting the next franchise cornerstone now. And no, Howard isn't it. Dirk needs to become the 2/3rd best player on the court.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote