View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #51
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I agree you throw out all the predictions, as they are based on the play of the Mavs either without Dirk, or with him playing poorly. If Dirk was up to par, we certainly beat OKC, and win most of those overtime games we lost. So going forward, I expect a much better Mavs team. And if they can trade for a better point guard, they will make the payoffs. Period.

I love Collison's play, but he is not a pass first point guard, and is not proficient running the pick and roll with Dirk. That is the one thing Mike James can do. He gets Dirk shots, and if not, gets himself wide open. Unfortunately, when he is wide open, he shoots, poorly. If he had hit one of those 3's, this thread would not have been started.

James playing in crunch time was not so much a statement on Collison as a test to see if James can help this team. I don't think he can, but he shows how much a better PG could. Lacking that, I'm hoping that in this week with 4 days off, Rick can teach Mayo how to run the P & R with Dirk. Since 2004, this team has closed games with a Dirk-Jet 2 man game. We desperately need someone to fill the Jet role at the end of games. It ain't James or Roddy or DoJo. I have some hopes it could be Collison or Mayo, but I ain't seen it yet.

We need a trade.