View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #3218
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Nowitzki feeling old in at least one respect
by: Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/...-respect.html/

Dirk Nowitzki knows he’s getting old. Sometimes, he gets reminded in unusual ways.

A reporter from the Orlando area came up to him after the Mavericks’ win over the Magic and told him that promising Magic center Nikola Vucevic grew up idolizing Nowitzki.

“I guess I’m old is what that means,” Nowitzki said. “That means I’ve been around a long time. But he’s a fun young player. I’m happy for him and if he keeps working, he’s going to be a great player in this game.”

Vucevic, a native of Montenegro who went to college at USC, had 14 points and 11 rebounds on Sunday.

Nowitzki, by the way, had three blocked shots, including a nasty swat of J.J. Redick on a drive to the basket, after which Nowitzki screamed out one of his trademark “take that with you” yells.

The three blocks tied a season high.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote