View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #58
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Talked about it on MOR and I think it's a matter of development with the tough love on guys like Collison and Mayo. People have openly wondered why guys like Kaman, Vince or Troy Murphy got a pass with their decisions and every decision made by Collison and Mayo are put under the microscope.

The fact that they are athletic guards does play a factor, Collison and Mayo are being evaluated as potential long term pieces while the other pieces are seen as more of a short-term fix. If those two are going to be fixtures for the future, Carlisle is going to want them to handle their business the way he believes is the best way. It's like a boss with a pool of employees. The slackers will slack and valuable contributors will draw the attention from the boss.

I will say this about Darren, he's been incredibly optimistic, confident and open-minded any time I've spoke to him after a game. Even when they were down and nearly out of the mix, he remained confident that they'd turn it around. He's stressed whether you look at it as an individual or as a team, you can't get too high or get too low. You just have to keep a level head through the rigors of the season.