View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #481
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Django had it's moments. I enjoyed it, but I'm unlikely to see it again. Foxx was great.. DiCaprio was great... but the movie wasn't great. I'd definitely recommend seeing it, but it's not in the same class as Lincoln. There was just something missing from Django for me. I don't know what it was, but something wasn't there..something to keep me from thinking the movie was great. Of course, I suppose that something could have been that the movie was just too long. I have no issues with long movies.. But 20-30 minutes could have easily been shaved off of this movie. Again, I have no problem with a long movie if it keeps me engaged. I can sit and watch Lonesome Dove in one sitting.. Not enough of the fat was trimmed off of Django I suppose.

Lincoln.. I'd probably classify this as a great movie mostly due to the tremendous acting. Definitely a step above Django

Silver Linings Playbook.. again, tremendous acting. I enjoyed this movie more than Django for sure. There's nothing epic about it..just a solid, quirky movie..

Zero Dark Thirty .. I may see this tonight.

Bernie was screwed over.. Jack Black should have received more recognition for this role. I'm not really a Jack Black fan, but he was tremendous. Check it out on Netflix..

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-29-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote