View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #40
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Yes, i agree. And that's exactly why we should have tanked the lockout seson.

BUT at the same time I can virtually guarantee you that the Mavs would be in a much better position with Dirk&Chandler than with Dirk&dry powder. At least for 2013-2015
I'm never an advocate of tanking a season, as the Mavs (aside from Dirk) have never had a history of developing good young talent. As long as Dirk hasn't retired, I always viewed us as a Spurs-esque team that wouldn't really rebuild, you just continue placing quality pieces around your star. But yes, I do completely agree with the fact that we should've kept Chandler. However, I think a major reason that the Mavs didn't, and this hasn't ever been discussed really from what I've seen, is because we were still worried about TC's health issues. Granted, he had none in Dallas, but he was quite injury prone before he arrived. I'm willing to bet that completely aside from the "powder-dry" scenario, the FO was worried about Tyson's continued health if they gave him a long-term contract. Obviously, at this point, that fear went unrealized and he has stayed healthy. But I don't think that it was as blatantly obvious as a lot of these would-be knowledgeable fans think it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote