View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #47
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ok, I'll preface this with the fact that I can't turn away...fully. I will continue to tune in, just like I have for the last 15+ years.

It's time to:

Claim Dirk has a lingering injury and allow him to go visit Germany or maybe even not show up to games if he doesn't want. Whatever is allowed. I won't even pretend to know how it works and I know it's not gonna happen, but he isn't needed here and isn't doing very well either. Bottom line is; What's happening is beyond his control and isn't his fault.

Give plenty of minutes for Collison, Roddy, James and Wright. They will go all out each game playing for their future so technically we're not "tanking" but clearly we would rapidly slip off the fringe and out of the picture into the lottery. You may not like what there is in the draft but it's better up top than where we would be midpack - upper midpack. Bight side is:
a) maybe something clicks and grows in one or two of these guys and we can know what we have going into next year. b)maybe we hit on some draft talent that can contribute immediately for a change.

This is going nowhere and it sucks but sooner or later we were going to miss the playoffs, eventually. Dirk is aging and I worry we are gonna have a longer lapse between franchise camels. No one here is able to carry us and it's clear he isn't what he was and Imo he won't ever be again. I think he has some magic in the bag still no question but it's not as full as it once was. I love Dirk but wishing and hoping he can be the number one dude with a group of decent players just can't get it done anymore. He has to have some damn talent.
Agree
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote