Thread: Beardwatch 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
There's nothing wrong with making the playoffs. But let's not fool ourselves here. This team is 21-28 for a reason, it would be a struggle for them to make the playoffs because of how tough the West is. But even if they do, my problem is watching them get their asses kicked in the 1st round yet again. The team has already played 49 out of 82 games, I mean come on. I'm not saying they can't get better...but they would need to elevate their play tremendously to make the playoffs. AND after that, they would have to go up against the 1st seed. I dunno, Grandmaster. Seems like very tough odds to me.
I'm not disagreeing it'd be tough. And I'm not even that hopeful. I had some optimism before the Portland and GS losses, but that's dimmed considerably. I just think, if the coach and the guys in uniform can get the team into the playoffs, more power to them. I'm prepared to enjoy the ride for however long it goes and then when it ends, whether that's sooner or later, to start looking forward to next season with the same anticipation that I always do.

I have to say, though, in response to the bolded part above, let's not forget that the biggest reason this team is 21-28 is because Dirk's on-court contributions this year have only been good (and in uniform) enough to justify maybe 1/10th to 1/8th of the cap space that's tied up in his salary (and that might be overly generous). We may not ever get to see it this year, or may only get to see it too late, but this team with the Dirk I've watched through the years would a much better team than what we've seen so far. Of that I have no doubt.