Thread: Beardwatch 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #37
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Kaman will be real scary
Absolutely. This is a real photo, not doctored. His player card for espn.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Yeah, I really wish Dirk was 100% or even somewhere near that. It's pretty obvious that he's not though, and I hope he can recover fully sometime in the near future. I wonder about Dirk though, the guy is up there in age now and knee surgery is no joke. He probably won't be the same till sometime next season, but even by then he'll have even more miles on his legs. It's a shame, I just want to see Dirk go out on top. That's what hurts me the most about the championship team being dismantled. Anyway, I just feel like this team has a number of flaws that even a healthy Dirk wouldn't have been able to fix. Although, if he were fully healthy it would have made things much more interesting/exciting. Let's just hope that no matter how this season plays out, Dirk recovers completely and he gets a better supporting cast next season. He's old now, he deserves the chance to wrap up his legacy on a good note.
I'm beginning to question if this is all we can expect from Dirk going forward. I mean, to be brutally honest he's never been the picture of athleticism and with his historic ankle issues and now the knees...his body may simply be reaching the limit. I knew the day would come, I just didn't expect it so soon after the championship run. I mean, this is the reason the front office threw away the championship team and is so desperate to land a star. As Barkley so eloquently stated, "Father time, bro." I'm beginning to wonder if next year may be Dirk's last. Realistically a tanked season results in a 3 to 5 year rebuild, if I were him I'd probably just retire...