View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

the fact that you're trying to compare Dirk to anyone else in terms of longevity is actually pretty humorous, since there hasn't been one, aside from maybe Bird (injuries derailed his career early though). I'm gonna have to consider your well thought-out analogy to be invalid, although I see your point. Fact is, Dirk's game depends on rhythm, and confidence in his health. Dirk simply chooses not to go 110% every play every game, because he has realized that overall the regular season is meaningless, as long as you make the playoffs. And you can call me ignorant if you want, but i have yet to see anyone give me any plausible reason to change my stance. I could counter each and every argument if i felt like wasting my time writing an essay...but the fact is I have 3 other projects to do this weekend and will be working about 30 hours at my job, throw in the 16 hours of practice I have this weekend for UT's paintball team and maybe you'll understand why I won't argue points with the people who I deem as incapable of grasping my points (at least most of the time).

edit: also, I have watched nearly every mavericks game since 2000, and prolly watched around 200-250 hours of youtube footage on Dirk alone...I would say I know his game as well or better than anyone on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 02-22-2013 at 10:13 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote