View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
lukasbayern18

lukasbayern18 is on a distinguished road

Regardless of the athleticism question, it's important to look at the bigger overall picture: is Dirk going to be the best player on a team that could go out and beat what's most likely going to end up being the best team in the West (i.e. Spurs, Thunder) in the first round? I find that incredibly unlikely. Admittedly, the Mavericks have gotten contributions from players who are potentially pieces on a championship-caliber team, but that year is not this year. It's time to trade Vince for an additional early second-round pick, see if we can get some young talent around Dirk through the twilight of his career, and target D12 during the summer, considering the fact that he'd get the number of post touches he wants in Dallas and would have the best shooting seven footer in the history of the game to space the floor. While I understand that the NBA is a business, I'm incredibly reluctant to see Dirk finish his career anywhere else. Trading him would be remiss and disrespectful to everything he's given the organization.