View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #79
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Yes we have 7 ineffective guards. Most of them should not even be in the NBA.

But it is not really about the guards. This team is full of selfish black holes. They do not know how to move the ball, how to set screens and things like that. Now we can see why Elton Brand averaged 25-10 and missed the playoffs most of the time... the same goes for Kaman, Collison, Mayo and co. They do not make their teams better. They kill the rhythm of their teammates.

Watch the Mavs,... and compare it to NY, SAS or DEN...ugh
That I can totally agree with. But a huge part of that is beyond the players skills (or lack of) and simply due to the fact that this is how rent a players will play. They are playing for next years contracts not this year's team. When your roster is full of them, this is about the best you can hope for. But I would also suggest we can no longer afford to be a team in which it's Nowitzki or bust. He desperately needs some help out there. I think the Mayo/Carter SG combo is a decent part of that equation especially as the number 3 scoring option. From an assist perspective, Mayo is above average at SG (if he can keep those turnovers under control). Let's pick up one of the top tier centers to solidify the inside game and let Nowitzki ease into being the second scoring option.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote