View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Man, this is crazy.

Mike James is the "face of mavs" failure this season by a mile. Get real. Why? Cuban and co thought it was a good idea to roll this roster out there, Not Mike James. He's an old veteran that is chosen to start here with a half-ass team that is severely struggling in the fight to be the first cow at the slaughtering. Why do some of you guys have such anger towards him? It's insane. Actually it's just temporary insanity, because you just fail to step back for a moment to see the big picture before you rant. Comparison to D Will is puzzling.

I get the frustration with Collison but not Crowder. A ROOKIE that is giving us great defense and actually playing his ass off. He is not a badass, and was never hyped up to be such. He was never expected to be a knockdown shooter or whatever else you guys have cooked up in your heads. But if you think he is a big part of the reason we have failed this season, you're wrong. Flat out.

The blame needs to be shared in this mess with exception of a few, but Cuban and co are the ones to turn to first. Their mugs should be on the top of the "face of the mavs failure". You don't string together a group of guys like we have, that aren't stars, and compete..especially in the west.
I agree with Mike James being the face of the Mavs failure this season for the same reason you're arguing against it. I applaud him getting out there and trying. It boils down to the extremely poor decisions by the FO/RC resulting in him being signed and given the starting role. He's the guy which should be getting crap time at the end of blow outs, not significant minutes, and certainly not starting. You shouldn't blame James for performing poorly as a starter, but the system which has inexplicably allowed him the continued opportunities to fail in that role. Unfortunately for the guy, he's become the face of the FO failure this year. While I curse every minute he plays, I feel bad for him at the same time.

Regarding Crowder, I think his offensive ineffectiveness is also due to a failure of the coaching staff. He is not a spot up shooter, especially from long range. I think he'd be much more effective as a cutter on a switch when he's got a mismatched defender and the 5th scoring option on a team. that's the game they should be stressing with him, not 3 pointers. For a rookie, especially a second round pick, I think he's performed beyond expectations from a defensive perspective. If he can continue to develop those skills cutting down some of the fouls moving from a somewhat hyperactive defender to a more finesse defender I think he'll have a pretty long run in the NBA.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 03-21-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote