View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched a lot of Curry and Plumlee over the years, here's my take:

Curry: obviously a good shooter, but honestly not too good at creating his own shot or getting to the rim. Maybe he can develop that, but he's not at the same stage his brother was when he came out. There's a place for him in the pros, but he's definitely a second rounder, even in a weak draft. Some team may risk a first on him, but i don't think he does enough other things well to warrant a first rounder.

Plumlee: He's an enigma. He can look like the best player on the floor (and in the country) for some stretches, then turn around and do the dumbest thing you've ever seen someone do playing basketball. But he absolutely has physical talent. He's got a nose for the ball on rebounds, and is quick enough (and gets off the ground fast and high enough) to get to balls other big men can't get. He's improved his free throw shooting tremendously (up to about 70%). I think he's a first round talent, but the history of Duke big men may work against him.