View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #903
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If we kept our guaranteed guys and added CP3 and Wright, we'd likely be above the apron after signing our rookies. Then, we'd have only the mini-MLE. I'm guessing Morrow and Wes will be available for that price (in fact, a price much lower than that) but Tony Allen and Kyle Korver are going to be getting salaries close to or above the $5.35M MLE.

That said, I would rather sign Tony Allen at the full MLE than bringing back Wright.
You think Wright is going for more than $7 mil? And we'll likely only be adding 1 rookie this year. Our second round is a pretty late pick. My guess is we give that pick away. Unless we luck out and get higher than our projected position, the rookie scale will be around $1.6 for the 13th pick. We of course will likely pay the 120% max which will be ~$2 mil. Even if Wright goes for ~$10, that would be ~$12 mill and the MLE would still put use under the apron. With CP and Dirk, you might be able to convince a couple vets to sign cheap and split that MLE between them. Of course, this is under the rather far fetched assumption that CP will be eating up ~$20 mil in salary.