View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #71
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I wonder, if Nellie had had Kidd instead of Nash, would Kidd still have been an elite defender? Nash was the far better scorer, but if we'd had Kidd defending Mike Bibby in a couple of those playoff series against Seattle, we might have a couple more banners hanging in the AAC. But then we would have never gone after Jet, so who knows?

I was lucky enough to have season tickets for Kidd's rookie season and championship one. What sticks in my mind is his defense on LeBron. Its kind of like Magic playing center when Kareem was hurt...the little guy uses his smarts to make up for what he lacks in size to conquer the world.

Retired jersey, 1st ballot unanimous HOF-both no-brainers.
Nellie, "rest on defense, save it for offense," remember this was when Kidd was going full bore, he didn't really start pacing himself until he got to NJ. You might be onto something there, but one thing going for Kidd was he was the State's all time steals leader in high school so he did take pride in his defense as well as pushing the rock. His hoops IQ helped his defense out a lot, he'd use his knowledge of offensive systems to get into passing leans, interfere with sweet spots etc. Nellie would not have taken that away. Jet was the notable question. Does Cuban go against the grain and bring in a 6-2 shooting guard?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote