View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #109
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if mavs are leaking these rumors so Marion uses his eto as he doesn't want to be traded to a non contender
Just had that thought myself. Other thoughts:

- The Cs asking for Dirk thing is so laughable, I'm convinced it's a leaked fabrication intended to drive up the price on Rondo.

- Surely the C's would rather have short term crap players + picks than VC and Shawn. Doesn't mean Dallas is out of it, because VC and Shawn can probably net some crap players and decent picks on the trade market. This might be about drumming up the market for those two just as much as it is about Rondo, assuming there's fire under this smoke.

- It looks to me like, purely for salary matching purposes, a trade with Shawn outgoing and Rondo incoming would get the job done. Obviously there'd be more assets going to Boston, but at least there's some structural flexibility.

- Assuming Dallas can line up a deal that would net them Rondo without costing them a shot at Dwight (whatever the ordering of all the moving parts), that'd have to make Dallas the strong favorite in the Howard chase, right? Of course, the funny thing is, I don't think Rondo is really the "right" guy to pair with DH because of his limited shooting range. Nonetheless, if you're Dwight, and you're legitimately looking for a good reason to escape LA, how do you do better than the the league's most unselfish superstar floor-stretching PF who's just arriving at a point in his career where he's ready to cede the spotlight to the next face of the franchise, AND (arguably, when healthy) the league's premier pass-first point guard? I don't think you do.