View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #2528
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
What made it bad was the Mavs keeping him for so long. They had a chance to trade him about 2-3 years ago and get some value for him.

Jared Cunningham got back more value than Roddy. And Cunningham played a handful of games.
They obviously thought he would continue to improve. It just wasn't meant to be. Regardless, in today's league, you need talent. Talent will not always pan out, in fact, most of the time it won't, but you still gonna take the players with the higher ceiling, potential. Roddy had great potential at a time, only his biggest haters will deny this. I don't blame the FO for keeping out on him. Heck, he's still only 25, i wouldn't blame them if they'd bring him back. I hope they won't though, Roddy needs a change of scenery.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote