View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #950
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
New York is New York. If you're upset that Dallas isn't a "destination" like New York (or Boston or LA), get ready to be upset forever.
I'm not "upset" about that. I know we aren't a destination like New York or LA(Boston is probably on the same level of Dallas if not worse). That's actually my point. I'd prefer us quit this wild goose chase and rebuild our team from scratch. But I also understand that its in their best interest to keep putting fans in seats and most fans don't want to see a young team go through its bumps so they have to find talent to put around Dirk and atleast get a playoff spot. I just hope they don't commit long term to any guys like the Josh Smith's or Brandon Jenning's of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You're right. Perhaps Dirk wasn't a great player when he was drafted, but no doubt he grew into one and you could see the potential rather quickly. Whether we drafted a guy or not is still adding to the team. But I will give you in principle that he technically wasn't a great player when he was added.

Not every team can be a main attraction for great players. If no one aside from Dirk was a great player on the championship team, it should show you that you don't need to have the top FA come here. WE won a title after THE top guy took his talents to South Beach.

The reason I said pick apart the post, is because there was an obvious flow to it and IMO it's just a stick in the mud pessimistic attitude to pull one piece from the idea in whole. You can't please everyone obviously, and if we weren't going after Howard people are more pissed. You just can't be dooms day if the main FA doesn't come to your team, you strap up the next best if it gives you a chance and roll it out and hope for the best.
Yea but we drafted Dirk with a lottery pick. I'd love to constantly add lottery picks to this team but its not going to happen as long as Dirk is here or he gets hurt for a long period of time. I'd rather go after 19 year old's with Dirk's potential than a Dwight Howard any day of the week but its not possible. Not crying over spilled milk just ready for this headache to be over so we can move on.

And I wonder how long are we going to continue to waste Dirk's prime signing guys to one year contracts to prevent us from getting into a salary cap mess?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote