View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #2046
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm curious to hear people justify how this roster is significantly worse than last year's. I'm not saying it's anything to be particularly excited about if they're "about the same" as last year, but I am curious to hear why smart people are thinking this roster is in shambles compared to last year.

Let's consider a hypothetical where the Mavs re-sign Brand and Wright, and sign Dalembert.

So you replace Kaman with Sammy.
You replace Collison/Mike James/Roddy/Dojo with Calderon/Harris/Mekel/Larking
You replace Mayo/Dhantay Jones/Morrow with Harris/Ellington

I mean, there's obviously some questions to be answered, but would you really bet a large amount of money that the new group fits and performs significantly worse than the old group?

Give me Dirk for a whole season and I don't buy the notion that the Mavs aren't completely capable, as of now, to put together a roster that puts them in the race for the 6-8 seed for the season.
This team looks like it will be worst.

Calderon a PG for a team that rarely make the playoffs...Raptors and Pistons even chase out of town by Lowry in the Toronto situation

Harris a back up for the Hawks
Dalembert a back up for the Bucks
Elliington a back up for the Cavs

Dirk, Marion and VC, mid 30's player one year older.

A West conference with improving teams....Yea they will be worse!!

Last edited by pepe; 07-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote