View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc9211 View Post
So David lee would be your center? I'm thinking that group with a Cousins,Larry Sanders, or Javelle McGee. I don't really like a Lee/Dirk combo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
The Mavs FO is not stupid enough to try and pair Dirk and David Lee. And unless you are projecting Dirk as a part time player at that point, it seems unthinkable.

I think the Mavs will try to acquire a second star player -- any star player -- via salary dump next summer. If the only player available is David Lee, then that's who they end up with. He is the best "star" player that can be realistically acquired in a salary dump. Can you think of a better player that will be realistically available in a pure salary dump? The only other names I have are Amare Stoudemire and possibly Eric Gordon.

It's not the first time the Mavs will take this desperate approach. They acquired Antoine Walker and Antawn Jamison and Juwan Howard in the early 2000s. They all played the same position as Dirk, and were all terrible fits. But when the Mavs are desperate and the Bank of Cuban is open... they'll take whatever star is available, regardless of fit.

Next summer, Dirk signs his last NBA contract. They don't have time for 2-year plans and dry powders anymore. I think the Mavs shift gears and go all-in for the final stretch of Dirk's career.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote