Thread: Cuban 1on1
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #75
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I never would have dismantled the championship team. Why? Because in my world you always allow a team to defend their title. You owe it to the fans and the players.

That being said, the strategy by the MBT was valid and reasonable. It was a huge risk that didn't pay off. So it failed. I don't really fault them for that because Cuban believed he saw new strategies would have to develop given the current CBA. He did not accurately predict what would happen, but that was a calculated risk in my book.

The good news is, it seems that Cubes and Donnie have quickly moved on to a strategy that will allow them to go back to their strengths... making great trades.
Making stupid gambles does not mean you get an A for effort. It was a fools plan with a fools result.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote