View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #2395
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why did he miss all but one summer league game? I assumed it was an injury...

He missed the summer league games due to "illness" and "personal reasons". However, the timing coincided with the expiration/extension of the deadline to guarantee his 2013 salary. Most likely, he was held out for contractual reasons.

Honestly, I never liked Bernard James anyway. He's a center who stands only 6'8.75" tall (without shoes). He's an inexperienced player who will turn 29 yrs old this season. As a prospect, he has very little upside. Too raw to contribute immediately, too old to be developed patiently. I always assumed the Mavs drafted him only as a marketing gimmick. His army background has always made him very popular with the fan base.

But I can't blame the Mavs for their poor 2012 draft class. Looking back now, there weren't a lot of good players remaining at that 17th spot.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote