View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle View Post
Stats from 9.9 minutes per game doesn't tell you a lot about a player. The only thing it tells you is that he wasn't good enough to earn more minutes.
1) It doesn't tell you a lot, but you've yet to provide anything. I'll take advanced stats over some DM.com poster who says that stats mean nothing-- particularly when those advanced stats measure ON COURT and are scaled for playing time.
2) Nash got 23 DNPs in his first two seasons and only averaged 10mpg in his rookie year and 22mpg his sophomore year.
Kobe averaged 15mpg and had 11 DNPs in his first season
Dirk had 35 DNPs his first season and only averaged 20mpg

Are you saying that those guys werent good enough to earn more minutes?

I won't say that James is that good, but your train of thought is ridiculous as well. DNP CDs and playtime are not directly related to player talent-- particularly in a rookie season. I'll discount James' pretty good stats, but I won't throw them away and I'd put alot more money on ACTUAL stats than on someone saying that PT and DNPs are a better measurement of talent than on court numbers.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-21-2013 at 08:00 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote