View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #67
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) It doesn't tell you a lot, but you've yet to provide anything. I'll take advanced stats over some DM.com poster who says that stats mean nothing-- particularly when those advanced stats measure ON COURT and are scaled for playing time.
I never said advanced stats mean nothing. I said advanced stats based on 9.9 minutes per game mean nothing. There is a big difference.

Quote:
2) Nash got 23 DNPs in his first two seasons and only averaged 10mpg in his rookie year and 22mpg his sophomore year.
Jason Kidd was playing behind two Hall of Famers in Jason Kidd & Kevin Johnson in their primes. Bernard James was playing behind Chris Kaman & Elton Brand on the wrong side of 30.

Quote:
Kobe averaged 15mpg and had 11 DNPs in his first season
Kobe Bryant was barely 18 years old when the season started. He was also playing behind Eddie Jones --- who was an All-Star that season.

Quote:
Dirk had 35 DNPs his first season and only averaged 20mpg
Uhm... check your facts again. Dirk only had 3 DNP's in 1998, not 35. Dirk was a 19-year old kid from Germany who was dumped into the NBA in a strike-shortened 50-game season with hardly any time for training camp or preseason. 20 minutes per game is pretty much normal under those circumstances.

Quote:
Are you saying that those guys werent good enough to earn more minutes?
See above.

Quote:
I won't say that James is that good, but your train of thought is ridiculous as well.
I think it's funny the way you worded that. So you're letting it slip that using PER36 stats is ridiculous after all?

Ultimately, my whole point is that Bernard James is a scrub with very little upside. But I won't let myself get dragged down into a pointless back-and-forth debate where the most stubborn hot head wins. History will decide who is right. So I'll just say this: I'll bookmark this thread and bump it after the 2013-14 season.

We'll all see then who was being ridiculous.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote