View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #73
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle View Post
Stats from 9.9 minutes per game doesn't tell you a lot about a player. The only thing it tells you is that he wasn't good enough to earn more minutes.

What's also telling is that he played fewer minutes as the season went on. When the Mavs made their post All-Star Break surge, Bernard had 15 DNPs coach's decision, and barely averaged 4 minutes in the games he did play. I would be more optimistic if he finished his rookie season on an upward trend.
Wright had a ton of DNP-CD in the first half the season but finished things out as the most efficient scorer on the squad. Let's remember also for whatever reason RC really wanted Kaman on the floor and will always look to vets over rookies for the lion's share of minutes. I'm not saying Sarge is going to be some type of huge star. But if he can improve a bit on what he did last season, I think he's a solid backup option defensively. Let's remember he had a 7 block game last year and 6 other games with 3+ blocks.