View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #2429
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I cannot give us mich more than a c. I think we will be much better offensively but we will have to see defensively. From just reputation, it is going to be a sieve out front.
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking we may just be able to outscore everyone. Here are last year's PPG averages for our projected starters:

Dalembert - 7
Dirk - 17
Marion - 12
Ellis - 19
Calderon - 11

66 points. Plus last season performance for our backups:

James - 3
Wright - 8
Carter - 13
Crowder - 5
Ellington - 8

37 points for a total of 103 points. Not too bad!

Now Ellis will probably see a reduction in scoring a bit, but Wright came on strong at the end of last season and I expect to see an increase in his PPG (and minutes). Plus Dirk's numbers last year are depressed from slow recovery and will likely be closer to 20 PPG. We will likely be bringing back Harris after he recovers and who knows what we have in Mekel, Larkin, and Ledo. Honestly, I'm starting to feel pretty good about next year looking at how the roster is shaping up. Maybe we get killed inside by the teams with the dominant centers, but hopefully they won't be able to stop our shooters. May all even out...