View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think this deal leans slightly in the favor of the Mavs. Brandan Wright probably gave the Mavs a slight discount for helping renew his career. I mean Tiago Splitter received $9 million a year and look at the stats:

Splitter - 28 yrs old / 6'11', 240 lbs.
25.7 minutes
10.3 points on 56 FG%, 73 FT%
6.4 boards
1.6 dimes
.8 blocks
.8 steals
2 fouls
1.2 to's

Wright - 25 yrs old / 6'10', 210 lbs.
18 minutes
8.5 points on 59.7 FG%, 61.5 FT%
4.1 boards
.6 dimes
1.2 blocks
.4 steals
1.2 fouls
.5 to's

true you can't teach Tiago's size or ability to deal with bigger centers, but all things considered this was a pretty good deal for the Mavs
Wow, Wright's lack of turnovers is pretty stellar. Even in March when his minutes went up to 25 mpg, he only averaged .7 turnovers per game. I realize that he doesn't have to handle the ball much, but he certainly takes care of it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote